Do you love bread and cheese? How about hot croissant with melted cheese curds inside? It is both easy and yummy to make a Cheese Curd Croissant Creation! Also, it is just the thing to go with a hot drink on a cold day.
– 1 tube of Pillsbury croissant dough
– Cheese curds that have lost their squeak
1. Crack open your tube of croissant dough. Take 2 pieces of the dough, keep them both flat and join 2 edges together by putting them edge to edge and pressing them together. If you have trouble with the edges not sticking together, use a bit of water on your finger tips as you press the two dough edges together. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough a bit.
2. Add cheese curds that have lost their squeak to the center of the dough. Note: If your curds still squeak, enjoy eating them fresh!
3. Join the edges of your dough so you can create a sealed pocket or turnover. You want to seal the cheese inside the dough. Another way to do this is to put a piece of croissant dough on a flat surface, add the cheese, then put another dough piece on top of that. Seal all the edges by pinching them together.
5. Prepare your beverage of choice to enjoy with your Cheese Curd Croissant Creation. Be sure to let the croissants cool a bit before eating as the cheese inside will be very hot and getting a burned tongue is not fun.
You can substitute any cheese you wish for the cheese curds. Try out combining flavors of cheeses. Consider adding a bit of spaghetti sauce and pepperoni with the cheese to fashion a pizza pocket.
Another idea would be to try canned biscuit dough which comes in a variety of flavors!
Have fun making this dough creation with your own twists. I’d love to hear what you tried. Feel free to share in the comments section.